87% of Americans are afraid to age. There are many symptoms that accompany aging like, for example, fatigue. But you can fight it with stretching, which will also improve your flexibility and posture, speed up blood circulation, and help reduce stress.
FoxSumo gathered 8 simple exercises that will relax your muscles and improve your well-being.
1. Garland pose
- Stand straight, feet hip-width apart.
- Do a deep forward bend.
- Slowly squat, bending your knees. Lower your buttocks down as much as possible, keeping your back straight.
- Open your hips, pressing into your knees with your elbows. Put your palms together.
- Breathe smoothly and deeply.
- Hold this pose for 10-15 seconds. Repeat 2 times.
If you’re unable to keep your heels on the floor, place a rolled towel under your feet.
2. Spinning around
- Stand straight. Spread your arms out to the side. Fingers together, palms facing down.
- Without changing the position of your hands, make a full turn clockwise 3 times.
- Repeat the same, turning counterclockwise.
3. Hip flexor, hamstring, and glute stretches
- Place your left foot on top of a table or surface that is about your knee height.
- Bend your left knee and lean in toward it, keeping your back and right leg straight.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds, and switch feet.
- Then, place your left heel on this surface. Keeping both legs straight.
- Stick your butt out behind you and lean forward.
- Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat with the right leg.
- Sit on this surface. Your right foot is on the ground, your left ankle is on top of your right knee.
- Gently press on your left knee and lean forward.
- Hold for 10 seconds. Switch feet and repeat.
- Get on your knees. Your toe pads should touch the floor. Palms are on the hips.
- Straighten your back and press your chin to your chest.
- Bend your head back and round your back.
- Repeat the exercise 3 times.
5. Head and legs up
- Lie on your back. Hands extended along the body, palms on the floor.
- Raise your head and touch your chest with your chin.
- Then lift your legs up. The lower back shouldn’t come off the floor.
- Repeat the exercise 3 times.
6. Reverse table pose
- Sit on the buttocks. Stretch your legs in front of you. Straighten your back and put your straight arms behind your torso.
- Bend your head forward as far as possible. Then bend it backward.
- Lift the buttocks, by bending your knees. Rest on your feet and palms.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
7. Dog pose
- Perform plank pose. Then drop your legs, arch your back, moving your chest through your arms, and tilt your head back as far as possible.
- Without bending your arms and legs, lift the buttocks and try to touch your chest with your chin.
- Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
- Sit down and bend your knees.
- Lift and wrap your arms around them with your chin resting on your chest and your back rounded.
- Start rolling forward and backward.
- Do the exercise for 30 seconds.
How often do you feel a lack of energy in your body? Do you exercise regularly? Share your tips for making your body feel younger in the comments below!